Job Offers at Kinderinsel
Pedagogical specialist (m/f/d) wanted
For our parent initiative day care center Kinderinsel Inselnest e.V. we are looking for a pedagogical specialist (m/f/d). Currently, 27 children are cared for in two different groups by a total of five educators in this small, family-like facility. The work is based on the situational approach and the Berlin educational program.
We are looking for someone who wants to help shape the day-to-day life of the daycare center and fill it with life.
Your area of responsibility
- Promoting the emotional, cognitive and social skills of the children
- Collaboration and implementation of projects
- Observation and documentation of the children’s learning and development processes
- Trusting and cooperative collaboration with the parents and the team.
We expect from you
- recognition as a pedagogical specialist (m/f/d)
- independent, responsible and joyful work
- team-oriented way of working
- flexibility and a high degree of reliability
- an open and committed team
- a good staffing ratio and therefore time to work with the child
- Teamwork and a pleasant working atmosphere
- Unlimited employment contract with 6 months probationary period
- 30 days paid vacation per calendar year
- Credit card with fixed monthly salary (Edenred)
If you are interested and would like to become a part of our team, please contact us by mail. We are looking forward to your application!
Kitchen worker wanted (m/f/d)
Our fantastic parent initiative daycare (25-27 children) in the heart of Berlin is looking for a part-time kitchen worker (10-20 hours per week) on 2 to 5 days/week as soon as possible.
Your duties will include the following:
- preparing and assembling our children’s breakfast buffet, lunch, and vespers
- taking back used dishes, food containers, etc.
- washing and loading the dishwasher, drying and emptying the dishwasher
- cleaning and disinfection of the kitchen and equipment
- expiry control of stored food
- compliance with the HACCP concept
- food orders
- laundry exchange or cleaning of small linen
- everyday minor cleaning tasks
You have experience preparing food for small children and have knowledge of healthy nutrition for children. You have professional training or expertise in the field of the kitchen. Condition for employment is the presentation of a legal vaccination certificate according to the measles protection law and an extended certificate of good conduct (Führungszeugnis).
- a responsible and varied job in a small organization with committed colleagues
- independent work and opportunities for development
- a workplace in the middle of the city with good transport connections
- regulated working hours
- flat hierarchies and short communication channels
Are you curious about us? Then we look forward to getting to know you. Please send your application to: [email protected]
The staff of the Kinderinsel consists of six pedagogical specialists and one housekeeper.
A good staffing ratio, especially when working with our U3 children, is part of the philosophy of our facility in order to provide good educational and childcare work and to respond individually to the children. In addition to our core team, we have a core of temporary staff who support us in times of vacation or illness.
It is important to us in our pedagogical work that we can offer the children a good care ratio even then.
An appreciative and respectful team culture and cooperation are close to our hearts. In weekly team meetings, we reflect on group activities and our pedagogical work, we design weekly plans, and plan new projects and celebrations.
Continuous training and further education are an integral part of our work, as this is the only way to further develop our staff’s areas of competence and to gather new scientific knowledge that can be incorporated into our pedagogical work.
We see ourselves as a place of training for school interns and are happy to support suitable applicants in getting to know the profession of “educator”.